2013 Young Artist Concerto Competition
Bainbridge Symphony Orchestra 2013 YOUNG ARTIST CONCERTO COMPETITION
Sunday, January 27 beginning at 6:00 p.m. at Bainbridge Performing Arts
Download the instructions and application here.
1. All instruments, including strings, woodwinds, brass, percussion, piano, harp and voice, are welcome to audition.
2. Applicants should be between the ages of 12 and 21 years old as of the competition date.
3. Applicants need not be residents of Bainbridge Island.
1. Acceptable works for competition include single movements of concertos or single movement solo works. Exceptions can be made, but must be approved by Maestro Schulz in advance. Voice applicants are welcome to audition with arias or solo works that fit the time requirements.
2. Works should be between 5-20 minutes in length.
3. All applicants must have their works pre-approved for competition by Maestro Schulz. This is to ensure feasibility by the BSO with regard to personnel, music procurement and preparation.
1. Music must be memorized.
2. Accompaniment is required.
3. Applicants must present two copies of the score for use by the judges (photocopies are permissible). These will be returned.
One winner will be chosen to perform with the Bainbridge Symphony Orchestra on May 31 & June 2, 2013. This person will receive publicity from Bainbridge Performing Arts, the opportunity to work with Maestro Schulz, and the privilege of performing with the BSO. The judges may designate a runner-up and/or honorable mention at their discretion. In the event a suitable winner cannot be determined, the judges reserve the right to declare no winner. Note: All competitors will receive written comments from the judges.
QUESTIONS/REPERTORY APPROVAL: Contact Maestro Schulz at firstname.lastname@example.org