Please join us in thanking our Presenting Sponsor, Aberown Studio
Theatre School Policies
BPA’s educational programs support the values of successful learning, building character and personal growth. Offering classes year round, BPA Theatre School strives to make every student feel comfortable, excited, and proud of his or her endeavors. All courses focus on the development of self-esteem, building an ensemble, and love of the arts. By providing a non-judgmental, positive, and supportive environment, BPA Theatre School helps students tap into their own creativity and respect of others! For information on how you can participate, contact Zandi Carlson at 206.842.4560x3 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All classes are held at Bainbridge Performing Arts (BPA), 200 Madison Avenue North, Bainbridge Island, WA.
* Registrations are taken on a first come, first served basis and are processed when accompanied by at least 50% of class fees due.
* Full tuition is due by the first class meeting.
* NO REFUNDS are made AFTER the first meeting of a class.
* A non-refundable $35 processing/handling fee is included in your tuition.
* If classes are full, we will add you to a waiting list for any openings.
* Ages/Grades listed in class description are as of the first day of class. Children must be fully potty-trained.
* You will also receive an email confirmation with class details approximately one week before your class starts.
* Don’t see a class you want on the right day and time? If you have a minimum of six children we can create your own class. Call Zandi Carlson at 206.842.4560x3 to discuss curriculum and schedule. If you can dream it, we can do it! Please Note: Contingent on staff and classroom availability.
BEING PREPARED FOR CLASS
* Students should bring a non-perishable snack and a water bottle. No refrigerators or microwave ovens are available. We do have students who have nut allergies, please be respectful of this and leave nuts and peanut butter out of your child’s snack if possible.
* The most appropriate dress for this class is something in which your child can move in comfortably, like athletic or yoga pants and a simple t-shirt.
* Students must wear comfortable shoes, which they can move in - no flip-flops. Jazz shoes strongly preferred classes and required for Performance Series performances, and are available at The SportsHaus (Poulsbo), Centerstage (Seattle), or online at www.discountdancesupply.com..
* For some classes and performance series students will need a binder for class material and a pencil. Students with scripts and music must bring binder and pencil every day.
* Students with hair longer than their ears must have it pinned back or in a headband, and students with hair longer than their shoulders must wear it up in a ponytail, bun or braids.
* Since theatre is a collaborative process attendance every day is mandatory.
* Being on time and prepared for class means you are signed in, have used the restroom and have eaten a snack if needed. This means students should plan on arriving at least 5-10 minutes before class starts, so we can begin class promptly.
* If your child is going to be late or miss a class, please call the Director of Education at 206.842.4560x3, so that we know not to look for your student and can plan the class that day accordingly.
SIGN IN & OUT
* All students ages 11 and under must be accompanied to their classroom by a parent or guardian and signed in on the attendance sheet when the doors open for class. They may be signed out by parents or guardians listed on the enrollment questionnaire, as identified by the student. Please let us know if someone other than a parent will be picking your student up.
* Students 12 and over with a completed written permission form may sign themselves in. Students 12 and over with a completed written permission form may sign themselves out with the parental understanding that they will be completely unsupervised and may need to leave the building if BPA is closing for the day.
* Without a completed written permission form, students 12 and over must be accompanied to their classroom by a parent or guardian and signed in and out.
* Please print and complete our Sign-In/Out Release Form, or ask Zandi for a copy.
LATE PICKUP POLICY
* Please pick up your child on time as BPA does not provide any aftercare. Parents late for pickup will be given one verbal warning. Each additional late pickup, after a 5 minute grace period, parents will be charged $30 for the first half an hour and $1 for each additional minute after that. This will be determined by the educator's watch. To clarify, if you arrive at 12:15 for a class ending at 12, you will be billed for $30. If you arrive at 12:45 for the same class, you will be billed for $45.
* Please note: Parents of children allowed to sign themselves in or out of class will still be assessed a late pick-up charge if they are being picked up by a parent or guardian that is late. The late payment charge is used to compensate the educator for their time and inconvenience.
* BPA follows the Bainbridge Island School District for all weather-related closures. No refunds will be given for classes cancelled when BISD cancels or dismisses early its schools due to inclement weather.
LAST DAY SHARING
* On the last day of class we will have a last day sharing for friends and family members to get a glimpse into our class experience. The educators will provide specific times and information regarding the sharing.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
* If a cancellation is made at least one week before the first day of class, the cost of the class less the non-refundable deposit of $35 will be refunded.
* After the first week of the class beginning and beyond, no refund will be issued.
* Students who wish to register for a class AFTER the class has begun will not receive a prorated tuition.
* BPA reserves the right to cancel any class due to insufficient enrollment. BPA will notify you one week prior to the beginning of class if a cancellation is necessary. A full tuition refund will be made if the class cancelled, including the registration fee.
* Bainbridge Performing Arts is able to provide need-based scholarships thanks to the generous contributions of donors to the Theatre School.
* Scholarship students are expected to uphold the BPA Theatre School student expectations. Granting of future scholarships will weigh heavily on students being on time and prepared for class.
* Please submit a Scholarship Application for the classes for which you are seeking tuition assistance.
* Return your completed form to BPA at 200 Madison Avenue North, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110, Attn: BPA Theatre School.
* Please note: Scholarships are available for no more than half of any class tuition amount.